Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reliance

Today the Lord has placed on my heart
A new incentive, a way to re-start
He asked me to look inside my soul
To question my motives, my end goal

Looking deep within and looking out
I found that I have lived, not devout
As I had thought that I had lived
But, only for me did I seem to give

My goals I claimed to send His way
Were to make me happy at the end of the day
Decent goals set for good end results
For the wrong reasons, the outcome is naught

So, I asked Him to set my soul straight
Send me truth as it's still not too late
He sent me burning love, a faith on fire
Flames ablaze, veritable desire

The needs are still there, the goals the same
The difference relying in the recipient's name
For the Lord deserves my loving worship, my soul
He will never forsake me as we walk toward our goal

No comments:

Post a Comment