Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Winding Road

Confusion has set in concerning my woe
Searching for why You let it be so
If I am loved, then why the heartache
If I am cherished, why must I break

My mind is melting, my pride is gone
I go up and down and can't hold on
Too loose the buckle, too fast the ride
My ups and downs will now collide

Now a complete mess is what I've formed
With dirt, dust, mud I am adorned
Looking around for a place to cleanse
I'm handed a book, told it will mend

Open it up, I hesitate, but do
Again, it's filled with the love of YOU
Circle back to my original query
Why,when I'm loved, must I grow weary

The more I read, the more I know
The pain is merely for me to grow
Closer to You, closer to Love
Love for here, Love for above

Realize then, I'm stronger now
With knowledge that I gain somehow
From this trek, this journey I make
No matter the up and down road I must take

No comments:

Post a Comment