Monday, February 23, 2009

Poems Written a Few Weeks Back

I forgot to add these. These were written a couple of weeks ago.
Wings

Wings of a bird so young 
Closed and unable to fly 
The song of a baby bird sung 
Peeps, attempts and shy
 
Become, I have, like that young bird
Fearful of leaving its nest 
An adult's life that's become absurd
Unable to pass life's test

Praying I'll grow like the chick will 
And my wings will open wide 
Sitting upon my window sill 
Anticipating my very first glide 

Trusting God as the hatchling does
Upon it's first leap from the tree 
I will open wide my wings because I'm secure
He'll take care of me

Reality

The vast depths of the ocean
The crashing waves upon the sand 
Beauty found, peace surrounds
Eyes closed, listening on land

Staying in that peaceful place
Where the beauty captivates
Keeping my eyes closed tightly
As life around me refuses to wait

For on the sand I prefer to stay 
It's safe, secure and free 
Afraid I am to open my eyes 
Petrified of what might be

For once my eyes are no longer bound 
Reality I will find 
Debris, polluted water and sand
Beauty washed away from my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment