Friday, January 30, 2009

Introduction

I'm not really sure what to write about me as an introduction. I've decided to share this blog with others with the remote chance that others that are battling their own issues may be able to relate and not feel as alone. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and an anxiety disorder, but hate to get caught up in labels.

The poems come from my heart. I am a devout Christian who knows the Lord is walking with me through these trials(and through the good times, as well). Many times, however, I don't hold onto the Lord. Instead, I push Him away. This is seen in the poetry(of course, I must always recommend clinging to the Lord as it'll be easier to get though your trials and tribulations!).

I will also post songs here and there that have touched my life(and obviously, their words I could never do justice to...)

Occasionally, there may be some poetry that is written just for fun(actually, that's my personal favorite). But, just to warn..I can be a bit silly.

I don't promise good poems, just some understanding into life's many trials and the pain and heartache that can be felt during the difficult times.

I pray for all of those that read this site and pray for those that battle their own demons in this world.

Christ's Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, I left a comment on your poetry blog, you have a gift in your writing. I have a few people who are very close to me that are also suffering from bi/polar and anxiety. It breaks my heart to see them struggle on a day to day bases. God knows your heart and he will show you the way. keep the faith my friend. I put you on my blog list and will come back to visit often. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will place you and your loved ones in prayer as well! I look forward to having time to visit your site as well....Peace, Karen

    ReplyDelete